Guys Reveal How They Really Feel About Waiting Until Marriage To Have Sex

14:13 cherishe 0 Comments

Making the decision to abstain from sex until marriage is a brave one in this day and age, given how popular random hookups are. And to be honest, it's a decision I really respect. As far as I'm concerned, it's your body, so it's your rules. If you don't want to have sex until you're married, go for it.

But sometimes, even the person with the most staunchly traditional beliefs can wonder, “Is waiting until marriage worth it?” Well, if that's what you believe in and what you want to be doing, then let me be clear here: THE ANSWER IS YES. But if you're wondering what that guy you just started dating really thinks about that decision, a recent Reddit thread might give you some insight.

A woman saving herself for marriage recently asked men on Reddit to answer the question, “What are your thoughts on waiting for sex until marriage?” Read along and find out for yourself here.

These guys respect the decision, but it would be a deal breaker.

Put simply: idgaf if someone else wants that, but it won't work for my relationships.

/u/PM_ME_BONGOS

I would never do it. Nor would I marry woman who did. For what I feel are some very legitimate reasons.

That said, if that's how you want to roll – do it to it. Just be sure on your reasons. And be sure they are, in fact, your reasons.

/u/WiseMonkeyGoodMonkey

You do you, but this would be a relationship dealbreaker for me.

/u/_hephaestus

It would be a non-starter for me but I wouldn't give you flak for it. Your body, your choices, your life.

/u/ThePewterPeenor

Outdated and a dealbreaker, but if it's important to you and you're up front about it anybody who gets mad about it is a child.

/u/DrDerpberg

These guys say they respect the decision, but are still pretty rude about it.

It's your choice, your business.

But I still think it's dumb.

/u/TinyTinyDwarf

Good for you. Just don't be bitter when you realise your dating pool is limited as fuck. I consider it a red flag to be honest.

/u/fourdayz

These guys don't even pretend to respect the decision.

I think it's an awful idea. Why would you marry someone without knowing if you're sexually compatible with them?

/u/dickwad69

I think it's a foolish choice, that often tends to lead to disappointment in a relationship and marriage.

/u/Casus125

A stupid, vestigial, and outdated practice. Not for me

/u/Torus-XY

Complete bullshit. It is such a ridiculous notion.

/u/ArcherXIII

Sex is too vital for these guys.

I couldn't do it. Sex is important to me, and I couldn't imagine marrying someone without knowing how compatible her and I were in the bedroom, which would require sleeping with her prior to marriage.

/u/sykilik101

I've seen many marriages crumble because they didn't know they weren't sexually compatible until it was too late.

A lackluster sex life is one of the biggest reasons why marriages end, next to financial reasons. Sex is a vital part of discovering things both about yourself and your partner.

/u/Zolvahlok

Wouldn't even enter an exclusive relationship knowing that.

/u/MrGreggle

Making yourself compatible isn't that simple. If one partner has a much higher libido than the other then the lower libido partner can't just force themselves to want sex more, and sex when it's clear the other person is just fulfilling an obligation or going through the motions is sex not worth having.

/u/Unknownentity7

I think its a great idea in philosophy. But in real life, ton of couples break up b/c they aren't sexually compatible. It's really important, I think, to "test it" out.

/u/hongsz89

I probably would break off whatever was happening the moment I found out, it just wouldn't work for me.

Sure as fuck wouldn't marry them

/u/PlanetaryGenocide

These guys urge someone waiting until marriage to keep on keeping on.

Please don't change. There are men out there who appreciate it and want the same thing. I am one of them. Many people outside of Christian circles don't really understand this, but that's fine. Be you! 🙂

/u/Cross-Country

Also a Christian here, if someone shames you for following your beliefs, they have no place in your life. Keep strong, you'll find your guy someday ☺️

/u/putout

Don't listen to anyone putting you down, if you believe on sex until marriage then don't worry about anyone else. There are people who think the same as you and there is nothing wrong with that.

/u/imemmanthrowaway

This guy is waiting, too.

I'm a 19 y/o male and plan to wait too. Girls at my college seem to think it really weird.

/u/njwood97

This guy wishes he were waiting for marriage.

I find I get attached too easily, so waiting for sex send to be the way I should go. But now that I've kinda already done it, its hard to say no to. Luckily no one has wanted to since so I've kept from it lol

/u/Zackeezy116

Again, please, please, please don't let the opinions of some random dudes online influence your decision. If you want to wait until marriage, YOU DO YOU.

Check out the “Best of Elite Daily” stream in the Bustle App for more stories just like this!

Subscribe to Elite Daily's official newsletter, The Edge, for more stories you don't want to miss.

Guys Reveal How They Really Feel About Waiting Until Marriage To Have Sex



Credit: Dating – Elite Daily

0 comments: