I Had My Hair And Makeup Done Like Kim Kardashian For A Week And Here's What Happened

12:02 cherishe 0 Comments

I was expecting to love the experience. The reality couldn’t have been more different.

Rebecca Hendin / BuzzFeed

Hi, I’m Ellie, and I’ve been in a committed relationship with makeup since the age of 15.

I genuinely love the process of finding great products and applying them. I use a range of products: Chanel foundation (the most expensive item in my makeup bag at £36); Benefit eyeshadow, blusher, and eyebrow pencil; Rimmel gel and Estée Lauder pencil eyeliners; Maybelline mascara; and Clinique lipstick. While I usually wear full foundation, blusher, and eye makeup each day, after years of practice I've perfected my routine to 15 minutes.

instagram.com

As a celebrity reporter, I’ve spent years staring at the perfectly made-up faces of the rich and famous, but there is no one who has made makeup their trademark quite like Kim Kardashian.

Her obsession with makeup started early. "I've loved makeup since I was a little girl," she once revealed. "When I was 14, my dad got me makeup lessons for my Christmas present. I went to this makeup school and they would videotape and show how to do like contouring and shadow, and I just fell in love."

She spends an hour and a half having her makeup done every day, and her makeup removal routine involves £1,130 worth of products.

instagram.com

I also wanted to discover how I would look as a Kardashian, using makeup techniques like contouring that I could never do myself. I decided to have a company come to my home to do my hair and makeup each morning before work, because that seemed like the most Kim Kardashian option.

Plus, it meant I could wear my pyjamas.


View Entire List ›


0 comments: