Here's What Happened When I Tried To Save Using Only Cash

15:24 cherishe 0 Comments

Spoiler: Not using your credit card is only part of it.

Andrew Richard / BuzzFeed

I am a recent twentysomething college grad who spends too much money on rent and the little I have left on food and booze.

I am a recent twentysomething college grad who spends too much money on rent and the little I have left on food and booze.

Hi, yes, this is me, drunk after pomegranate cocktails and high on Baskin-Robbins. I am showing you this picture to demonstrate that I give in easily to guilty pleasures and in terms of managing my weekly finances, I'm fairly negligent.

Christina Lan / BuzzFeed

My past weekly average was $60 to $80 in credit card purchases on food and drinks. Using two different weeks of cash-only spending, I wanted to spend less than $60 for the first week and exactly $40 for the second week.

Week one: I'd refrain from using my credit card and simply track how much I spent using cash — aiming for $60 or less.

Week two: I'd stick to a strict budget of $40 cash for food and drinks.

Andrew Richard / BuzzFeed


View Entire List ›


0 comments: