Guys Reveal The Most Cringeworthy Things They've Ever Done For Girls They Like

07:32 cherishe 0 Comments

Warning, this is about to get really, really, really cheesy, but bare with me for a second. I love my boyfriend a lot, and before I loved him a lot, I liked him a lot. Why did I always have such strong feelings for him, you ask? Well, for the most part, it was because of his actions. I had my fair share of guys who would say lots of things, but what made my boyfriend different was that he actually did those awesome things for me. To me, the things guys do for girls they like can be the difference between leading a girl on and actually having feelings for her.

That all being said, I'm speaking from the point of view of someone who actually liked the guy back. When a guy goes out of his way to do something romantic and the feelings aren't returned, things take a turn from cute into a more cringeworthy area. A recent Reddit thread asked guys to think back to the most cringeworthy things they've done to get a girl, and, oh, man, they are PAINFUL.

Read along and hang tight, people. Things are about to get cringe-y.

He made her multiple websites.

Probably the cringiest is making a series of super sappy single page html websites for a girl I liked. The websites were really badly designed, similar to what you'd find from the 90's only using modern practices.

/u/Truly_Loveless

He legit wrote her a song.

Wrote a song.

It was an instrumental but even still…

/u/NobodyTouchesTheHat

Couple flirting outside, with woman holding man's hair over her mouth like a mustache.

Stocksy/Emmanuel Hidalgo

He made her a mix CD.

Made a mix cd.

/u/FordBeeblebrox

He read Twilight because he knew it was her favorite.

Read Twilight because I knew that was her favorite book series at the time.

In my defense I only got as far as page 8. We became friends but my affection was unrequited. A shame but finally asking her out was a tremendous relief. She was quite attractive. Still is. Being attracted to the artsy creative types is suffering.

/u/yvaN_ehT_nioJ

He told her he liked her and then nervously ran away.

Telling a girl "I LIKE YOU" in the most nervous way possible and running away, in high school. Her friends laughed at me for a long time. Nowadays I think back, That was fucking cringy, but I really don't give a fuck. I laugh every time I think about it.

/u/MenOfGondor

He wrote an essay (complete with a bibliography) about why she should go to prom with him.

I wrote a persuasive essay about why she should go to prom with me. It was two pages and had a bibliography. Yeah fuck.

/u/IamWalrus222

He kept buying her gifts, even after she rejected him.

Buying her random gifts and stuff months after she had already rejected me, in hopes that I could win her over. That wasn't a great time for me.

/u/greg225

sad dark haired couple sit in a field of straw looking stressed

Evgenij Yulkin/Stocksy

He sent her flowers with a note that said, “You are the one.”

Sent a girl flowers in high school with a note that said "you are the one" because she had told me that she loved the movie The Doors and that's what Jim told Pamela when they met.

No response and next time I saw her I heard her say "oh god that's flower guy" and basically ran away.

/u/atticusfinch1973

He used to write poetry and leave it on girls' desks in high school.

I used to write them poetry and leave in on their desks before certain classes in high school.

/u/bwv131

He plunged the toilet after she clogged it.

Plunging the toilet after she clogs it. I'm married so this is basically the same as getting flowers for a girl after the honeymoon phase is over.

/u/thegriz3

He wrote her half a poem on AIM and told her she had to hang with him if she wanted the rest.

Ooof. This girl was giving me excuses why she couldn't hang out with me and I wasn't getting the hint. I wrote her a poem and only sent her half of it (on AIM). I said to read the other half, she would have to meet me in person.

That was fucking sad, but in my defense I was 17.

/u/Mustang80

a couple wearing converse sit on side by side on a railing

Jovo Jovanovic/Stocksy

He gave her advice about a guy she liked.

Giving dating advice to a girl I liked about the guy she liked. Lol, this was back in my teens, I'm sure I've done way cringier things. Just can't remember

/u/rokindit

He became a vegetarian for over a year.

I was vegetarian for 18 months, because of a girl who was really into the cause of “ending animal suffering”. Of course I didn't give a fuck about animal suffering and loved meat, just wanted to impress her…

It wasn't all that bad. To this day whenever I think “I don't have enough strong will to do that” I remind myself “You were vegetarian and didn't even get laid for it, your will is rock solid.”

/u/Fernis_

What cringeworthy things have you done for a girl you like? Comment below!

Check out the entire Gen Why series and other videos on Facebook and the Bustle app across Apple TV, Roku, and Amazon Fire TV.

Check out the “Best of Elite Daily” stream in the Bustle App for more stories just like this!

Subscribe to Elite Daily's official newsletter, The Edge, for more stories you don't want to miss.

Guys Reveal The Most Cringeworthy Things They've Ever Done For Girls They Like



Credit: Dating – Elite Daily

0 comments: