14 Heartfelt Love Songs About Girls That’ll Make Your Queer Heart Soar

11:24 cherishe 0 Comments

If there’s anything I love more than talking about how much I love girls (and how much I want to date every single one of them), it’s listening to people sing about how much they love girls (and then subsequently being reminded of how much I love girls).

Why is that, you ask?

Well, aside from the fact that girls are beautiful, majestic creatures that literally no one deserves, it’s because I don’t have to change any pronouns.

A SMALL WIN FOR WOMEN-LOVING WOMEN, AMIRIGHT?

And what’s even better than people singing about loving women? Yep, you guessed it: WOMEN singing about loving women. And I think that’s one thing everyone needs more of in their lives.

So lucky for you — if your queer heart of hearts can take it — I put together the playlist I’ll cry to every night when I wish a girl was holding me that’ll make your women-loving heart beat right out of your stone-cold body.

Listen along and prepare for emotional whiplash as you sob into your pillow one minute and pretend you’re grinding on a cute girl in the club the next.

1. “She Keeps Me Warm” by Mary Lambert

You may remember Mary Lambert along with the “and I can’t change” tune from “Same Love” by Macklemore. However, this full song by Mary is solely about the love of a woman warming all of our stone-cold hearts.


2. “Palace” by Hayley Kiyoko

With “Palace,” Hayley Kiyoko perfectly verbalizes every fantasy I’ve ever had about a girl I was lusting after, where I put her on a literal throne in my head… because that’s very healthy.


3. “Strangers” by Halsey (feat. Lauren Jauregui)

When two women-loving superstars like Halsey and Lauren Jauregui (of Fifth Harmony) come together, we get this heart-wrenching gift of a tune.


4. “All I Want Is To Be Your Girl” by Holly Miranda

OK, I’ll admit, the video for this one is a little creepy (I’m not a huge fan of circuses), but Holly Miranda blesses us all with a sweet-sounding, upbeat song about wanting to be someone’s girl.


5. “Sister” by Kate Nash

Ah, everyone’s favorite universal love concept: You love a girl and want to be with her, but everything. Goes. To. Sh*t. EVERY. TIME.


6. “Closer” by Tegan and Sara

Even though one of the lyrics in this song literally says “it’s not just all physical,” “Closer” is 100 percent a song I’d stick on a hot-and-heavy-hookup playlist in a second.


7. “Girls Like Girls” by Hayley Kiyoko

If anyone needs to be eased into the world of queer love songs (LOL, who would want to be eased in?), “Girls Like Girls” is the perfect starting point. It’s sweet, it’s soulful, and the video will make your tear ducts sting like crazy.


8. “Girls” by Beatrice Eli

“Girls” literally served every single one of my thoughts to me on a silver platter when I first realized I was into girls.


9. “Chloe in the Afternoon” by St. Vincent

Honestly, just give me St. Vincent any day… in the morning… and the evening… and the middle of the goddamn night.


10. “Sleepover” by Hayley Kiyoko

Hayley Kiyoko serves up an experience almost every queer girl is familiar with in “Sleepover.” Let those of us who’ve never had a sleepover with a girl friend that we wished could’ve been more than a friend cast the first stone.


11. “Jessie’s Girl” by Mary Lambert

With this heart-wrenching, “I’m not crying, you’re crying” take on the classic “Jessie’s Girl” by Rick Springfield, Mary Lambert might as well physically reach into your chest, grab your heart, and pull it right out of you.


12. “What You Mean to Me” by Montaigne

Though the melody is pretty upbeat, “What You Mean to Me” seemingly tackles the complicated feeling of thinking you might love a girl, but you’re still not sure exactly what you’re feeling. WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE.


13. “Call Your Girlfriend” by Robyn

OK, admittedly, Robyn’s advice in this song may not yield you the BEST result — your girlfriend’s still going to be pissed when you call her.

BUT that’s irrelevant because this power jam gets me fired up about loving girls the minute I hear the first note.


14. “Fast Car” by Tracy Chapman

To round out this fire playlist, the utter classic “Fast Car” by Tracy Chapman literally sets my heart ablaze with thoughts about running far away and building a life from scratch with the girl I love.

Ugh, ~the dream~.

Subscribe to Elite Daily's official newsletter, The Edge, for more stories you don't want to miss.

14 Heartfelt Love Songs About Girls That’ll Make Your Queer Heart Soar



Credit: Dating – Elite Daily

0 comments: