Guys Reveal What They Actually Mean When They Hit You With That “U Up?” Text

09:18 cherishe 0 Comments

Ah, the infamous, yet somehow still elusive, “U up?” text. A not-so-clever ploy people use to gauge whether or not someone else is awake, horny, and DTF.

If you're smart like me, you put your phone on “do not disturb” mode before going to bed, so you're not bothered by slew of “U up?” texts coming through every night.

Just kidding. No one ever texts me that. (@ boys and girls, where are you? I'M AVAILABLE.)

But as with anything in life, we shouldn't assume we know exactly what this text means every time.

Maybe someone genuinely wants to know if you're awake. Maybe someone is looking to have a deep, heart-to-heart conversation where you emotionally connect via shared thoughts and experiences. Maybe they want to know if “U up” so they can bring you $5 million in cash, and then leave and never bother you again.

I know, I know. I'll be here all week, you guys.

But because you truly never know, a bunch of guys took to Reddit to reveal exactly what they mean when they hit you with that “U up?” text. And… well, I'll just let these guys do the talking.

This guy knows exactly what he wants when he sends it.

That's the conversation will very quickly move from "you up?" to "i'm on my way"

/u/irishmickguard

This guy is DGAF about anything, apparently.

I want to fuck, and I don't like you enough to care about the consequences of booty calling you.

/u/yessum447

I mean, are we surprised?

Sex.

/u/nickachu_

Sex. Its a booty call.

/u/dicklord_airplane

Literally, raise your hand if you're surprised.

hey bby want som fuk ?

/u/SassanZ

No one's surprised? Well, I, for one, am ~shocked~.

to fuck and absolutely nothing else

/u/AssFuckMyGapingAnus

This guy would just like to know if you're up.

Is your name Up?

/u/5hxdoe0vakil

And so would this guy. (Why, though?)

"Are you awake?"

/u/DarthHarmonic

I just had to look up what “Gwent” is, and… OK.

Checking to see if she's awake in order to play a few rounds of Gwent.

/u/Quantumrot

It all depends on the girl, according to this guy.

It depends on the girl and what time it is.

Sometimes I want to hang out or hook up, other times I just want tot talk about whatever.

/u/B0000000BS

This guy can kindly take every girl he texts “U up?” to dinner first, thank you.

Sex, or at least some dirty pics.

/u/Paratrooper_19D

Sorry, but this guy is probably lying. Though, his username literally says “kittenlover,” so the jury's still out.

I want someone to share my feelings with, maybe snuggle.

/u/kittenlover27

WHY CAN'T EVERY GUY BE PIZZA GUY?

Pizza.

/u/HeadTorch

Well, wasn't this a fun lesson in trusting your already-correct instincts?

So, ladies, if you're constantly getting a string of “U up?” texts, rest assured these guys probably only want one thing… unless it's pizza guy.

Subscribe to Elite Daily's official newsletter, The Edge, for more stories you don't want to miss.

Guys Reveal What They Actually Mean When They Hit You With That “U Up?” Text



Credit: Dating – Elite Daily

0 comments: