This old Pokémon shirt is pretty terrifying

10:37 cherishe 0 Comments

This is supposed to be a light-hearted series for kids, right?

The Pokémon Centers located throughout Japan are the places to get all the hottest Pokémon fashion, including T-shirts, hats, skincare, snacks, butts, and more. Fans look forward to new lineup announcements and then buy up the whole stock.

But, there are bound to be some misses or some questionable items they’ve had in stock. Twitter user @y_wine_p discovered one such item when doing a little cleanup.

“This is a Pokémon t-shirt that I bought a while ago. No matter how many times I look at it, all I feel is scared and I have no idea why I bought it and I think I’m going to cry.”

But, wait. Who’s that Pokémon? (Don’t guess Pikachu.)

“It’s this one, right? I couldn’t tell because of how slim it is on the t-shirt.”

It’s Hypno (also known as Sleeper in Japanese), the evolution of Drowsee. This Psychic-type Pokemon can be a pretty powerful ally to have on your team. On a T-shirt, guiding small children to an unknown place, though? Maybe not so cool.

Like most things on the Internet, this popular T-shirt tweet generated all sorts of reactions from Japanese netizens.

“I think it looks stylish, somehow.”
“There are actually a lot of scary Pokémon, haha.”
“If you imagine him leading them to safety instead of into danger, it’s not so scary.”
“Since I played Pokémon Red, I’ve used Hypno towards the middle and end of the game as my party’s center of strength. I loved his Pokémon card, too. I’m happy that Hypno, which remains my favorite Pokémon, is gaining so much attention.”

I’d like to believe Hypno is leading them somewhere safe, but who really knows?

What else is available at Japan’s Pokémon stores? See our list of 20 things to buy at the Pokémon Center Mega Tokyo Store.

Source: Hachima Kikou
Featured image: Twitter/@y_wine_p



Credit:

0 comments: