Do You Actually Believe In Soulmates?

00:13 cherishe 0 Comments

I had a bad day yesterday. It was one of those days when nothing was going my way, and when all was said and done, I was feeling vulnerable, down-trodden and lonely.

When I got home, I lit some candles, sipped some wine and got into bed. Then, I got to thinking about soulmates: about how some people believe in them and some don’t. I thought about how some of us (ahem, me) spend almost every waking moment anticipating their hypothetical soulmates, even using the notion of soulmates as driving forces in their lives to keep them going.

I avidly believe in the idea that one day, I will meet someone who is absolutely perfect for me. He won’t be some guy I dug up from my past because I was bored, or some guy I’ve only chosen to settle down with because I’m at the “right” age, or some guy my friends or parents set me up with because they pitied me and all my bad luck.

As much of a hopeless romantic I am, though, I’ve also been jaded AF lately, and I wanted to know if you guys out there are as jaded as I am. So, I asked Facebook.

FB status screenshot asking strangers about soulmates

Facebook

Here were some of your answers:

Facebook status strangers responding about soulmates

Facebook

When I read these, my heart sank a little. It made me sad to know that people have given up hope all together. But it also made me feel a sense of community. Now I know that I sure as hell am not the only girl out there who drives herself crazy wondering why the love of her life hasn’t showed up yet.

What it comes down to, I realized, is there are two kinds of people in this world. There are the ones who think that love means being more practical than anything else:

Stranger tweets about soulmates

Twitter

And then there are the ones who, being true romantics at heart, believe we can find great love more than once in a lifetime:

Stranger tweeting about soulmates

Twitter

OK, I get it. Not knowing where you’re going to meet the person you’ve been dying to meet, and not even knowing if such a person exists, is trying. I’m exhausted and skeptical. But I’m also still hopeful, because if you don’t have faith, what else can you count on to carry you through the hard times?

Whichever way you look at finding love and all the little ups and downs along the way, there’s one thing you can’t deny is true:

Stranger tweeting about self-love

Twitter

 

Indeed it is, Celine. Indeed it is.

Do you believe in soulmates? Leave me a comment below and tell me.

Do You Actually Believe In Soulmates?



Credit: Dating – Elite Daily

0 comments: